Biobank Webinar Series 2021 – 2022
Biospecimens for Research: Fit for Purpose
This series of Biobank Webinars focuses on the collection and handling of biospecimens for research biobanking, including the informed consent process.
These webinars will share invaluable information about the types of biospecimens suitable for biobanking and advanced downstream molecular applications, the challenges of and reasons for cryopreservation, and pre-analytical factors and their influence on the quality of biospecimens. You will also learn about best practices for informed consent for biobanking and the regulatory role of research ethics committees in biobanking.
- Registered for CPD points.
- Registration is free, but you must register for each webinar by clicking the link in the flyer pertaining to each webinar.
Contact Details: Sonja Niemandt, 021 938 9602, email@example.com
Preanalytical variables in biobanking | Thursday 24 February 2022.
Review the pre-analytics (SPREC) and Biospecimen reporting for improved study quality (BRISQ) with emphasis on low and middle-income
Fay Betsou PhD, Chief Scientific Officer, Integrated Biobank of Luxembourg (IBBL), Luxembourg Institute of Health, Dudelange, Luxembourg.
Introduction to biobanking ethics and regulatory issues – Best practices for informed consent for biobanking and the role of research ethics committees in regulating biobanks | Thursday 31 March 2022.
- Micheline Sanderson, PhD (Project Manager / Senior Lecturer: Division of Anatomical Pathology, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Stellenbosch University, South Africa)
- Johann Schneider, MD (Professor: Division of Anatomical Pathology, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Stellenbosch University and National Health Laboratory Service, Tygerberg Hospital, South Africa)
- Sylvia Silver, DA (Professor: Microbiology, Immunology, and Tropical Medicine, George Washington University, Washington DC, USA)